Troubleshooting & FAQs
- How to Log in?
- How long is data stored?
- What is the recommended browser?
- Who owns the data?
- What are plans for hosting the data?
- Is there a way to store the data within the European Union?
- What happens to the data at the end of an agreement?
- What if I don’t want the data in the cloud?
- How do I access the help section of APM?
- Why is my data not displaying on the data analysis chart?
- What to do when getting “Exceeding maximum value of 50000 data points” error?
- What do I do if the upload of Asset Ingestion JSON (tag mapping) fails?
- Why do my timestamps not match in Analysis?
- What do I do if there is a as opposed to a when I upload a HMI mimic?
- Why is my HMI tag not refreshing?
- Why is my HMI mimic not showing data and what does the mean?
- What happened to my …?
There are three different components that comprise EQI2018. Each has its own set of credentials (username and password).
- APM Login
- Device Management Login
- Field Agent, Local Technician Console Login
EQI2018 is meant to help build knowledge around your assets, their health, and operational events that occur on a regular basis. The information generated through asset alerts and cases is stored indefinitely, while data streamed to the time series database is only stored for 2 years. For this reason it is recommended to take screen captures of your analysis data and attach them to the case independently of linking analysis templates to a case.
Google Chrome is the recommended browser. It is also recommended to open a new incognito window and use it in incognito mode.
Customers own their timeseries data. The data can be exported as a CSV file.
Predix, which currently uses AWS US locations.
Currently, we do not support Europe APM.
The data along with the data service is terminated.
The EQI2018 solution will not fit your needs.
On the top right of the APM tenant, look for the “?” icon and click on it. The help window will appear. The topic of the section depends on which feature you are currently accessing. For example, if you are on the Policy Designer page, the help window will be populated with Policy Designer topics.
Your data may not be making it up to the cloud. To check if your data is being sent to the cloud, try using this toolkit: https://predix-toolkit.run.aws-usw02-pr.ice.predix.io/#!/apiLoginClient.
To use the toolkit the UAA URL, Client ID, Client Secret, and Zone-ID will be required. This information would have been provided to you by GE Professional Services.
On the Security tab, click Client ID Login in the left navigation pane. Complete requested details and click “Submit”. On the API Explorer tab, click Time Series Query in the left navigation pane. In the “Choose Request” field, select Get Tags. In the predix-zone id field, enter the Zone id. Click “Submit”.
This is a limit in APM. Tag values over 50,000 are not supported.
The JSON file must be included in the root directory (not a subdirectory) of a zip file all by itself.
By default APM is using a ‘Default Data Resolution’, this is giving interpolated time stamps based on the date/time range. Change the Data Resolution to ‘Raw Data’ to see source timestamps.
The HMI Mimic must be exported to a “Web HMI” JSON file, that is included in the root directory of a zip file.
Tag data in the HMI Mimic is displaying the last known good value from the APM tag.
The tags in the HMI mimic don’t match the APM tag names that were uploaded.
You can check the logs for dashboards, analysis, HMI, and other features by using the audit logs:
- Log in to APM.
- On the left navigation column, select “Admin” > “Audit Logs”.
- From the dropdown menu, select the area of interest.
Please contact us for more information on how to order a field agent here: http://www.geautomation.com/contact-us.
There are two ways to validate if data is making it to the cloud. You can use this toolkit (https://predix-toolkit.run.aws-usw02-pr.ice.predix.io/#!/apiLoginClient) or you can use the APM tenant data analysis feature.