The RSTi-EP remote I/O system is ideal for Industrial Internet applications. It features an extended operating temperature range, enhanced diagnostics, plug-and-play connectivity and high channel density.
The RSTI-EP features outstanding performance and response time--the high-speed system bus reads up to 256 DI/DOs in 20 microseconds. It offers intuitive I/O mapping for quick and easy integration into your control application and maximum power reserves for future applications. RSTi-EP has faster backplane speeds than the original RSTi I/O and handles growing complexity in machine and factory automation with powerful flexibility and a consistent user interface.
Remote, Real-Time Diagnostics
With the RSTi-EP’s integrated web server and advanced diagnostics, failures in the system can be identified remotely, eliminating the need to travel to the machine, saving both time and money. The web server lets the operator view diagnostic faults and upgrade firmware over the web– simplifying start up, increasing availability and productivity without additional tools or software.
Higher Performance in
Half the Space
The innovative RSTi-EP I/O is a powerful combination of clean layout, high density, and small footprint. It accommodates up to 64 modules and 1024 I/O points per drop, yet its 11.5 mm I/O slices–smallest in the industry–maximize limited cabinet space. The high- performance 4A system bus power supply makes it possible to power 64 I/O modules directly from the network adapter, saving on power-feed modules and simplifying planning and execution.
Consistent I/O cabling interfaces makes installation fast and reliable. Color-keyed connectors mean fewer cabling errors and noticeably shorter installation times. Better still, no tools are required for installation or removal of I/O wiring connectors, saving time and effort. Entire machine modules can be cabled faster and transferred into production through a streamlined commissioning process.
A single row connection level facilitates wiring, installation, and service. Separate power supplies for inputs and outputs reduces the number of power feed modules and saves space; and, specific sections can be activated or deactivated without affecting production, thanks to the independence of the input and output power busses.
Features and Benefits
Wide Range of Communication Options
- Network interface support for PROFINET RT, PROFIBUS, Modbus TCP and EtherCAT
Hot swap capability
- Minimize downtime
- Separate I/O current paths
- Inputs and outputs switched off independently
- Easy failure resolution without impacting the rest of the running application
Plain text diagnostics via
integrated web server
- Ease of troubleshooting and maintenance
- Modularity/pre-assembled cabling
- Fast, reliable installation
- Easy error diagnosis--localize errors instantly with an LED directly on the channel and status indicators on every module
- Facilitates secure commissioning and rapid system maintenance
- Maximize or reduce cabinet space
Integrated SIL3 Safety
- Incorporate SIL3 safety input modules to seamlessly integrate safety functions such as emergency stop alongside standard I/O in a single drop