How do I install my new PCI/cPCI card?
- Install the Condor software that came with your PCI device, this must be done first.
- The installation will have created an image of the PCI device driver diskettes to a directory inside the installation directory. Copy these files to a blank floppy disk.
- Install the hardware in any available PCI slot in your system.
- Start your system. The Windows 95/98 Plug and Play hardware manager should detect new hardware upon startup. -- If the New Hardware Found dialog does not come up upon starting your system, select ADD NEW HARDWARE from the Control Panels.
- When asked if you should Allow Windows to Search For New Device, select NO. Select the Hardware Type you wish to setup as ? Other Devices. When prompted if Windows 98/95 should search for a device driver, select HAVE DISK. Insert the disk you created in step 2 above.
- Two different dialogs may ask for the location of the driver disk. In both cases, direct the dialogs to the location of the driver diskette you created.
- Windows 95 will configure your system to run the PCI device. Once finished, restart your system.