GE’s Intelligent Platforms User Summit to Bring Together Industry Leaders Making the Industrial Internet Real
- GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt to kick off event
- AkzoNobel, ConocoPhillips and Delta Air Lines will present on high-performance technology solutions driving new levels of efficiency
- Attendees to learn about real-time applications of GE’s Industrial Internet vision connecting intelligent machines with advanced analytics
ORLANDO, FL — OCTOBER 27, 2014 — Today marks the start of GE’s Intelligent Platforms User Summit: Making the Industrial Internet Real (NYSE: GE) at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Oct. 27 -30, 2014. This sold-out event features more than 50 presentations from GE’s global customer base and will be headlined by GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt talking about how the Industrial Internet is changing business today.
More than 650 attendees to this three-day event will hear from executives from leading global manufacturing and industrial companies such as AkzoNobel, ConocoPhillips, and Delta Air Lines, as well as CIOs from GE’s industrial businesses: GE Transportation, GE Lighting, GE Aviation and GE Nuclear. Sessions will highlight topics such as The Smart Manufacturing Model, The Virtualization of Control, Getting the Right Information to the Right People, and Leadership in the Industrial Internet.
“This week, we have the pleasure of hearing how, collectively, we are ‘Making the Industrial Internet Real’,” said Jim Walsh, General Manager for Intelligent Platforms. “Representatives from companies around the world will share their experiences -- their triumphs and their lessons learned. We are excited to share the investments we’re making in our Industrial Internet-enabled solutions and the latest technology we’re developing to help improve efficiencies and operations. Attendees will see how new ecosystems of connected machines, advanced analytics, and people at work have the potential to truly optimize business performance.”
The User Summit also will feature a Technology Fair that includes solutions from GE and its partners that are making the Industrial Internet real for companies today. There will also be demonstrations within the sessions of new approaches that take the vision even further. Attendees will have the opportunity to see some of GE’s breakthrough Predictivity solutions like the recently announced Equipment Insight, an OEM solution that runs in the Cloud.
Customers today are looking at the challenges and opportunities surrounding the vast amount of data that their assets are producing. They are searching for solutions that can help them make the leap into the world of Industrial Big Data and Predictive Analytics so they can harness this data for business success. The GE/Accenture “Industrial Internet Insights Report,” released at GE’s Minds + Machines, held October 9 in New York, includes data about topics that will be covered at the Summit:
- Two-thirds (66%) of the executives surveyed across eight industrial sectors believe they could lose their market position in the next one to three years if they do not adopt big data, which the report suggests is needed to support their Industrial Internet strategy.
- Nearly half (49 percent) of the companies represented in the study said they plan to create new business opportunities that could generate additional revenue streams with their big data strategy while 60% expect to increase their profitability by using the information to improve their resource management.
For more information about Intelligent Platforms’ work in the Industrial Internet, follow the link. And check out our Twitter at #GEMakesItReal.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Follow GE Intelligent Platforms on Twitter @GE_IP.