Data is your company's greatest natural resource.
Industrial Internet Control System (IICS) is an extension of GE's world-class RX3i and Mark VIe industrial control systems. It provides a unique solution for data storage, analysis and rapid conveyance from the Edge of industrial systems. In many cases, only a small fraction of data gets used in industrial processes. IICS leverages GE's Predix analytics suite at the Edge and in the cloud to better utilize this wealth of process data to help improve profitability, reduce downtime, and lower operational costs.
Potential Solution Outcomes
Founded on the premise that a connected controller, like connected people, can take more intelligent actions, IICS is a Predix*-ready modular, flexible control platform that leverages rich data and analytics to turn insights into action. With IICS, customers can bring data to analytics that run in the cloud or bring analytics close to the machine with locally hosted apps.
RELATED BLOGA Journey into the Future of Controls
For years, the Internet of Things (IoT) has been creating unprecedented growth in the consumer sector. The industrial sector is starting to catch on and unsurprisingly, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is now growing at about double the rate of the commercial space. With more and more connected machines, valuable data is being generated. But how do you turn volumes of data into actionable insights to improve efficiency, productivity, profitability, and generate new sources of revenue?
With Predix, GE combines cutting-edge technology and decades of industry experience into a platform that securely ingests machine-grade data at scale and analyzes it to deliver outcomes—fast. Tap into data in the Cloud or at the Edge of industrial systems and apply it to build a smarter business. All with Predix and GE's connected controls platform.
Make better decisions, faster
GE’s Field Agent technology is the critical link required in an IIoT chain for cloud-enabled analytics. Available in a stand-alone device, or embedded into GE's new Outcome Optimizing Controllers, Field Agent technology provides a rugged, pre-configured solution for secure data collection and conveyance from the machine.
Connect to nearly any industrial asset and leverage GE’s Predix Industrial Internet Platform to collect data, analyze trends and uncover insights that improve operations and asset performance. Build out remote monitoring & diagnostics capabilities safely and securely, utilizing encrypted channels that preserve data time stamp, quality and fidelity.
Predix is a purpose-built platform-as-a-service (PaaS) for developing, deploying, operating and monetizing Industrial Internet applications. Highly optimized for the unique and demanding requirements of industrial applications, Predix captures and analyzes the unique volume, velocity, and variety of machine data generated across the industrial world within a secure, industrial-strength cloud environment.
Get started today.
Are you ready to become a digital industrial? Contact your GE Automation specialist today to find out how to incorporate Predix-ready controllers and game-changing Edge analytics into your controls system:
Industrial Internet Control System (IICS) Interest
Predix-ready controls are ideal for
- Industrial companies wanting new levels of productivity and efficiencies
- Municipalities and government agencies seeking to create intelligent environments and connected services
- Systems integrators seeking new ways to help industrial customers
- Independent software vendors wanting to break into the new app economy
- Original equipment manufacturers eager to build Predix-ready devices for the emerging Industrial Internet market
- And countless other organizations that need to transform themselves with new, innovative services
Use Predix-ready controls to capture data in real time for use with Predix applications at the Edge or in the Cloud
Leverage advanced analytics and real-time feedback loops to adjust industrial processes dynamically based on changing business requirements.
Use Predix-ready controllers to unlock and optimize new levels of productivity and new sources of revenue.
Technology at Work
Learn more about the IICS controls platform by clicking below
Commercial grade server for highest-capacity Edge computing and supervisory control applications with virtualized Field Agent technology
A complete portfolio of mix & match I/O solutions supports secure data collection and communications infrastructure at the machine level
Outcome Optimizing Control
Dual or quad core hypervised controller with embedded Field Agent Technology supports Predix Apps at the Edge
Mini Field Agent
Drop-in solution provides pre-configured connectivity and data conveyance from the machine. Can be paired with traditional control systems.
Predix Apps in the Cloud and at the Edge
Based on data sent to the Cloud by Field Agent Technology- real-time feedback loop optimizes operations to support changing business objectives
IICS helps customers unlock new insights and hidden value through controls
OPTIMIZE ASSET & PROCESS PERFORMANCE
- Securely collect & integrate data across the plant
- Analyze data on-premise or in the cloud
- Turn insights into action with outcome optimizing controllers
- Use ready-made apps or develop new apps based on your own unique domain expertise.
- Drop-in, cyber-secure IIoT solutions
- Predix-ready out-of-the-box
- Optimize resource usage and streamline production with data-driven insights
- Reduce maintenance costs through monitoring and diagnostics
GENERATE NEW REVENUE OPPORTUNITIES
- Develop IIoT-driven service offerings
- Create new revenue channels through with Industrial Apps
- Maintain competitive advantage through continuous software-based innovation
TRANSFORM THE EQUIPMENT LIFECYCLE
- Select the right on-ramp to the Industrial Internet for either greenfield or brownfield applications (no retrofit required)
- Eliminate the impact of component obsolescence through modular hardware, firmware and software
- Continuously drop in differentiating analytics, apps, and software capabilities
Access the game-changing power of Predix
As a pre-built platform, developers can rapidly create new industrial apps, driving outcomes ranging from reduction of unplanned downtime to improved asset output and operational efficiency. By focusing on innovation instead of time-consuming integration tasks, Predix minimizes cost-to-serve and is constantly upgraded with the latest technology and security in mind.
1 Early adopter experience using GE's Connected Controls Technology & Apps
2 Morgan Stanley Research: Global Capital Goods, "Insight: Cloud Control – The Future of Industrial Automation," March 15 2016