Virtualizing Your Automation Systems for Production Environments
Four Locations to choose from, United States
Virtualization has proven results in traditional Enterprise IT environments and the benefits have rapidly been adopted throughout the Industrial Automation Industry. Virtualization can increase Automation system agility, flexibility, and scalability all while creating significant cost savings. Virtualization enables centralized management, minimizes or eliminates downtime, reduces development time, and increases overall system efficiency. And most importantly, virtualization is fun!
This hands-on workshop from AutomaTech will educate you on the benefits of virtualization and how you can apply virtualization technology to improve your Automation Systems.
What you will learn:
- Virtualization basics, benefits, industry terms and trends.
- How virtualization technology can be applied to the Industrial Automation Industry both for development purposes and for use in production environments.
- The basics of VMware virtualization software including VMware Player, VMware Workstation, and VMware vSphere ESXi.
- How to leverage Stratus Technologies Fault-Tolerant Servers, the perfect platform for virtualizing your production Automation systems.
- Best practices and licensing GE Proficy Software in a virtualized environment.
- How to integrate centrally managed Proficy HMI/SCADA thin client technology into a virtualized environment.