Greater Efficiency, Better Performance: Using PLC Controls for Critical HVAC Applications
, United States
Increasingly, owners and operators of data centers and other mission critical facilities are turning to programmable logic controllers (PLCs) over direct digital control (DDC) to take advantage of the performance and savings they offer in HVAC applications.
Improve your HVAC efficiency, performance AND increase your savings! Join Warren Jackson from GE Intelligent Platforms for a FREE webinar exploring the latest in PLC technology and software, and how you can implement these in your HVAC, building, and energy management systems to increase efficiency, performance, reliability,
In this webinar, we’ll discuss the challenges facing mission critical facilities as they relate to making a controls technology selection and the advantages of implementing programmable logic controllers (PLC) for mission critical cooling. Within this exploration, we will cover:
- How to improve performance with PLCs due to their faster scan times than DDC-based systems
- How maintenance and replacement strategies are easier with PLCs due to their individual components and industrial grade quality
- How programming functions in PLCs are more numerous and powerful, and allow for sophisticated control
- How PLC systems scale and provide for redundant configurations for maximum uptime
- How PLC systems benefit from a service and provider network – independent of the manufacturer – that can help you maintain the system
Following this discussion, we’ll take a look at real-world data center case studies and review the architecture and benefits (cost and energy savings) realized by implementing these solutions.