Adding New Assets
This is an overview for adding and connecting devices to the device manager and configuring the machine adapter to get data streamed to the timeseries database. On a high level overview, adding an asset requires:
Before You Begin
You will need the following:
- Controller that is streaming data
- Field Agent
- Machine adapter (i.e. OPC-UA, Modbus, EthernetIP, etc.)
These steps are intended to walk you through the process. Please see the Field Agents User Guide for more detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Set up the network configurations.
- Enroll field agent to device manager.
- Go to device manager and add the field agent.
- Go to “Predix Enrollment” page on the local technician console and enroll.
- Connect field agent to the timeseries.
- Edit the com.ge.dspmicro.websocketriver.send-0.config file. Ensure the predix zone id is filled out.
- Validate by using gateway validation through the web console.
These steps are intended to walk you through the process. Please see the Field Agent Machine Adapters User Guide for more detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Configure controller data source.
- Configure machine adapter, use one option below:
- Configure the machine adapter config and application files manually.
- Use the Field Agent Configuration Tool. Only certain machine adapters are supported by the Field Agent Configuration Tool.
Note: the upper bound limit for the values of the tags are 1.0e+308 for a float and 1422671131000000000 for an integer. Attempting to store values larger than the ones defined will cause an internal error.
These files will map your data source tags to Predix Time Series tags. Polling interval, time stamps and more are configured here.
MY EQI2018 PROJECT | ----APM +---FA +---MyAsset_Unit1_FA1_config.zip | +---configuration | | +---install | | | | install.sh | | +---machine | | | | com.ge.dspmicro.hoover.spillway-N.config | | | | com.ge.dspmicro.machineadapter.adaptername-N.config | | | | com.ge.dspmicro.machineadapter.adaptername-N.xml #Data Source to Time Series Tag Map | | | | com.ge.dspmicro.websocketriver.send-N.config #Time Series End Point definition | | | | ... | | +---yeti | | | | yeti.cfg ----MyAsset_Unit2_FA2_config.zip
Verify data is being received in the timeseries database
Ensure that data is getting to the timeseries database from Field Agent by using the Predix Toolkit. Be sure you have the following information:
- UAA URL
- Timeseries client ID
- Timeseries client secret
- Timeseries Zone ID
Using the Toolkit:
1. On the Security tab, click Client ID Login in the left navigation pane.
1. Complete requested details and click “Submit”.
1. On the API Explorer tab, click Time Series Query in the left navigation pane.
1. In the “Choose Request” field, select Get Tags.
1. In the predix-zone id field, enter the Zone id.
1. Click “Submit”.
Once you have configured your field agents, you are ready to manage your assets with APM.